Most cryptocurrencies are volatile assets. The prices you see in the morning will probably not be the same you see in the evening. That might be a good thing or not – depends on if you're planning to buy or to sell. To make your life easier we have implemented automated price alerts. Benefit now from instant notifications on price movements for any digital asset listed on SMART VALOR.
Prices in the cryptocurrency market change by the second depending on a wide variety of factors such as supply and demand, availability on exchanges, breaking news, and more. Because of these fluctuations, it's important for many investors to stay on top of crypto prices. For example, if they want to invest in a certain asset and want to increase their portfolio when conditions are favourable. Of course, no one can know in advance when the “perfect time” to buy or sell is – if there is such a thing at all. However, you can set the ideal price target for you and we will notify you when it is reached.
Why do I need price alerts?
As a buyer, you want to purchase your favourite tokens or coins when the value of an asset has declined (“buy the dip”). As a seller, you may decide to liquidate some of your crypto assets when they're at a peak. For optimal success in crypto trading and in managing your portfolio, it is a good practice to be aware of the price of your crypto at all times. Even if you're holding just small amounts in crypto, you still want to know when its price spikes or drops.
Instead of constantly monitoring prices, you can simply set up price alerts in your SMART VALOR account. This way, you will be automatically informed about price movements for a specific asset. With this new feature, you can best prepare for any trades you want to execute. You will immediately receive an email or a push notification when the selected asset reaches the target price.
How to set up a price alert?
Creating a price alert is simple – we’ll demonstrate the steps. Let’s say that you would like to receive an alert when Bitcoin reaches 15,000 EUR because you want to purchase at a low price in order to build up your crypto portfolio.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the grey bell icon at the top right of the screen.
- In the pop-up click on “CREATE ALERT”.
- Select an asset, for example, Bitcoin, enter the price you want to trigger an alert and select the national currency (EUR, CHF, GBP, SEK or USD).
- Choose how you wish to be notified: by email (default setting), by push notification or both.
- If you want, make a note why you set this price alert.
- Confirm your settings by clicking “CREATE NEW ALERT”.
That’s it! You’ve just set up your first crypto price alert on SMART VALOR!
How can I manage my alerts?
You can see all of your active price alerts under “Alert Log” when you click the grey bell icon.
- You can create up to 50 price alerts.
- Each alert is valid for 90 days.
- To delete an alert you have just created, click on the “x” next to the corresponding entry. If your alert is already listed in the log, you can use the button “CLEAR LOGS”.